Pre and Post Wax Advice
At Beauty Basics, we take your comfort and well-being seriously. That's why we choose Ashmira Botanica waxing range, packed full of botanical ingredients from Mother Nature, to give you the most efficient, virtually pain free wax going. With years ofwaxing experience, being trained by the Wax Daddy himself, Andy Rouillard, and having a real passion for providing the best customer service, you can be assured the whole experience will be easier and more relaxed than you imagined. Honestly!
Please note that all Ashmira Botanica products contain argan, hazel seed/hazelnut and capuacu oils. If you have a known allergy to tree nut oils, we recommend a patch test prior to waxing, or the use of alternative products.
The Purifying Skin Spritz and Multi-Active Ingrown Hair Serum contain a derivative of salicylic acid and are not recommended for those with an aspirin allergy.
Wild Violet strip wax and Mulberry peelable wax contain natural resins, which may cause skin irritation for customers with a sticking plaster allergy. A patch test is advisable.
- your hair needs to be at least 1/2cm long for us to wax successfully. Imagine a grain of rice (prior to cooking!). It is recommended that you come every 4-6 weeks for your wax and avoid using tweezers, shaving or using hair removal creams in between your appointments. This will give you the best possible results.
- avoid using chemical exfoliants, for example AHA or BHA products - 48 hours prior to waxing
- no sunbathing, sunbeds or heat treatments for 24 hours beforehand
- do not use bath oils, or apply body lotions on the day of your treatment
- it is quite normal for your skin to look and feel a little irritated immediately after waxing, especially if this is your first treatment. This will subside over the next day or so, but please get in touch if you have any questions.
- keep your freshly waxed skin clean and avoid heat and friction for 24-48 hours
- only take cool baths or showers during this time
- no vigorous exercise, sport, swimming or gym work
- avoid touching, scratching or rubbing the treated area
- no sexual activity immediately after intimate waxing
- no sunbathing, sunbeds or self tanning products until any redness has gone
- wear clean, loose-fitting clothing for comfort
- apply a soothing lotion as recommended from the specific range of Ashmira Botanica post wax system, to calm and protect the waxed skin. Ensure you use a sunscreen on any exposed areas.
starting a few days after your treatment, use a body scrub, brush or mitt to gently exfoliate your skin 3-4 times a week. Couple with a daily moisturising lotion from Ashmira Botanica to help prevent ingrown hairs.